Monday, July 30, 2007
Our Old Friend Rob
This weekend we had a visit from our good old friend Robert. Robert was John's roommate in college. They had great times together. To many to name and I defiantly don't want Gianna to read them or hear about them until she is VERY MUCH older!!!
I love old friends. They remind us of who we were and how we acted. Sometimes that is comforting and sometimes it's not! But seeing Robert did remind me of a very different time in our lives. We caught up on friends we used to know and how they are doing. And just how much we've all changed and still stayed the same. I loved the times we would have a big group of our friends sit in the Wall/Gates lobby and he would play his guitar. He would always play the Eagles' Best of my Love just for me. He and John would stay up until dawn debating some minute theology point and they both loved every second of it.
Robert is going to study Russian literature in Chinese! Yes, he is that smart.
We've grown up, with houses, jobs and family. But Robert is a classic! He's a reminder of who we were, witness to who we are now and an encourager for the good times to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You should know by now that you are not supposed to make a pregnant woman cry, especially at work!!!
I miss you guys so much, and when I saw Robert's picture, I lost it. I can't listen to Jerry Jeff Walker without tearing up, and I think of you all anytime I get back to Bahama Bucks.
I hate that we missed seeing you all this weekend!!!
H
We love Rob...and you guys too! It would be really fun to see everyone in one place!
sarah
What Holly----- You get to go to Bahama Bucks?!?!?!?!?!?
I'm sorry I made you cry Holly. I remember pregnancy hormones!
I miss you all too. We should have an IV Tech reunion. What do you think Sarah, can we all fit in your new place? ;)
Charissa
Is it just me or does G look terrified of Robert? Poor girl, I understand. I was there some 3am mornings!
J
Come on up! Seriously, we habe thought about having an IV reunion. I think it would be fun!
sarah
Ah, yes, it's good to be celebrated. Yeah, yeah, new baby and all that. Hooray. This entry's all about me! Me, baby! Ha ha ha!
Seriously, though, it was great visiting both of you. You'll have to keep me posted on your plans for what to do next. I'll miss spending time with the Ludlow clan!
And I'll just go ahead and say this straight up: Gianna is probably the cutest baby I've ever seen. Officially.
Robert
Oh, and I'm all for an IV reunion. Provided someone pays for my ticket. I love all of you, but not to the tune of $1300. Some of you to the tune of significantly less, like in the neighborhood of whatever it would cost to eat lunch at Jack in the Box. Justin, with his snide comment about a newborn child being scared of me, dropped in my financial estimate of love to the level of those gumball machines just inside the entrance of Wal-Mart. Anything more and he'll owe me.
Yeah, I'm down for a reunion.
Okay. I'm going to try to leave a comment. Hope this works. I have to admit that seeing Robert on your blog brought a big smile to my face! And I love this reunion idea! But it does make me feel old. I can't believe that Gianna is already 7 months old! It has definitely been too long since we've seen y'all! Hope to talk with you soon!
Post a Comment