Thursday, January 24, 2008

Remembering the COLD!

That title says it all. I was thinking about last year when I was stir crazy when John came home each night.
Last year I had a tiny three week old baby and most of the time she slept. I didn't do the blog thing yet so there was only so much Oprah one can watch. So when John would come home I would attack him to take me places. I wasn't supposed to lift heavy things yet and that meant the car seat with the baby in it so I was stuck at home. John tried to reason with me. Are you sure you want to take the baby to germ infested Target?
Sure I said No one will look at her and we can put a blanket on top.
Are you sure you want to take your baby out when it's so cold outside.
Sure we will put that same safety blanket that keeps out all germs and always keeps the baby warm on her.
Are you sure? He mistakenly tried to reason with me.
I gave him the look of doom and my fingernails started to come undone. It was my- GET ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE NOW look or YOU MAY NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE ALIVE AGAIN.

So off we went. It's true I did take my baby to germ infested Target. But you couldn't catch me yucky awful germ infested Wal-Mart. I did have standards for my new preemie baby and all.

So today when my walking partner couldn't go for a walk today. I did the smart thing. I stayed inside under a blanket! Wow, I've gotten so smart in just one year!


Last years attempt to get out of the house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe that your husband would try to keep you locked up inside. He is by far the sweetest, nicest man I have ever met. He is truly created by God himself to be the standard for all men. And he's good looking too.

You are so lucky to have him and a Target next to you at all times.

Hope you stay warm this winter.

H Noble said...

We also went to Target that second week at home. I had to get out!!! And yes, the purchasing of a trash can and laundry basket for Eli's room were that urgent. ;)
Holly

Anonymous said...

Walking partner here, sorry to cancel on you Again! This is a week that makes one crazy to get out of the house. The WalMart comment cracked me up, even though I totally love Walmart! Hoping to see you soon.