So after last week of telling you all that I was back- I promptly took the week off. Oh well, I did have to catch up on laundry sometime!
So we went to Austin Sunday afternoon to Tuesday. John had to do some work and we got to see Aunt Lori's new house in Buda, which is south of Austin.
B-U-D-A. Say it. Did you say it like you would for the little smiling guy who has a big belly and sits cross legged? I do. But I try so hard not to. Even when I hear how you are supposed to say it- Bue- Da. (like beautiful) I get it wrong. I think Bue-Da in my head before the sounds come out of my mouth- then i second guess myself and say no- it Boo-Da. So here I am - standing around with a funny look on my face trying to decide how to pronounce it, with my lips in the shape of the "bu" sound. Please don't ask me to say it when you see me again. I'll have to spend my time having this conversation in my head while you wait for the expected words. Oh well, it could be worse- how about- Libeary. Or Barnes and Nobles. No S people.
Buda was nice and so was Aunt Lori's house. And the little fat smiling guy was glad to have us visit.
1 comment:
Don't forget "aksed." I can't tell you how often I hear that.
We loved seeing you and hopefully we will see you again soon.
Post a Comment