Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Run but not stop

That's right, our Gianna has learned how to run. In fact her favorite game right now is chase. That's all fine except when I really do want her to come to me or go where I ask her. For example, when she has a dirty diaper we say, "Gianna let's go change you." She smiles and goes to the direction of her changing table, but then decides on the way there that she is having so much fun with Mommy or Daddy behind her that she keeps going, and going and going. She loves to laugh when we finally catch her and of course we give some tickles too while we're at it. But that's the trick- we have to catch her. She has learned how to run but not how to stop. We have had some serious goose eggs in the last week from run ins with the door frame, the door, some cabinets and other such immovable objects. Some times she bounces off the wall and sometimes she "thuds." I read that depth perception is not fully developed at this time.
Yup, I would agree to that. It is amazing to think that she wasn't even walking a few short months ago THREE in fact. Now she has it down and she has moved on to running. Let's just hope that stopping develops really soon!
Here is Gianna's verse for the week:

Isaiah 40:31

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.


I'm glad it applies to Mommies who chase toddlers too!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

So where are the Gianna running videos?!

H Noble said...

Oh, a new stage! Fun stuff though. We are currently rolling over every which way, including while daddy tried to change an especially foul poopie diaper! :)
Holly