Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Pool is Cool

This week Giana and I have been heading down to the big city pool each day for swim lessons. We've enjoyed them so far. The time seems to go by so much faster than last year. Gianna, well let's face it, last year she was pretty much a 6 month blob in the water. I had to hold her for everything and try to get her to do the activities. That involved me just holding her and then bouncing when the instructor looked my way. This year she can actually do most of the stuff- blow bubbles, kick and glide in the water. She enjoys especially the 'Grand 'ol Duke of York." The up down part sends her into extreme giggle fest. She does not care for the Hokey Pokey or back floats. She has convinced the instructor every day that she does indeed need TWO rubber duckies to everyone else's one to practice her "scooping."
We go all next week too. And we are supposed to get an underwater picture so we'll see if that comes out and I'll post it here!

No comments: