It struck me as I was explaining our process to someone that this time around IVF is different, and I was wondering "why?"
-I think it may be that this time we have a blog. It's so much easier to share things when I can just jump on the computer and type it our and have my most dearest friends read it and pray for you right away. We didn't start the blog until after our first trimester last time.
- I'M doing the blog! I've discovered that I like to blog- count me in the mommy bloggers!
- It's not so painful this time. You may have heard me say it, but this time it's not a desperate as it was the first time. This time we know what the steps are: What's next, and how painful/long/ tiring/ joyful/ and exciting this process can be. Now that doesn't always make it easier, but it helps to have been through it successfully and to see and kiss the result everyday.
- I had issues. Ok so there it is. I really really really was mad at God. I didn't feel good enough about myself to tell any one else about it. I couldn't share with anyone unless they had been through IVF. It hurt too much. It was way too painful to look at someone and just have them feel sorry for you (or so I thought). Now- I enjoy sharing my unique story. I feel like I'm an ambassador for IVF and removing some of the mystery and shame from it. It seems natural for us. This is our normal. This is our path.
-We are driving a different way to Houston. This is actually major since John and I are efficient drivers. We like to get where we are going- quickly. Last time we took the major highway. Longer distance, but we felt it was faster. This time we are taking the back roads, and enjoying the scenery. We still like efficiency, but it's nice that each one will have their own way. Today I imagined our family going for a trip to Houston and us deciding who's turn it was for us to drive "their" way. And John and I will tell them about how we wanted them so much and how we used to drive this road at 6:00 in the morning EVERY THREE DAYS just so we could be their mommy and daddy.
We had our check up today and all is going well. We are adding more drugs to our cocktail an will go in for our next check up on Friday, and then probably 3 days after that.
Just so you know the timeline:
Visit Houston every three days for the next week and a half for monitoring.
Retrieval after the week and a half.
Wait five days to put back in TWO eggs.
Wait like everyone else - two weeks- for a pregnancy test
Rejoice
5 comments:
Okay, so I think I"ve got it! Thanks for the update and prayer schedule (or so I"m calling it!)we'll continue to pray specifically . . . for the next 9 months! ~ang
Thanks for being so candid. I am really interested in the IVF process. How likely is it that you would have twins?
So, do you have John sing the "Toink, Toink, In The Heiny" song, like Dad did when we took Ranger to get shots?
I love your updates. I find blogging so soothing sometimes, I'm sure it's the same for you. Plus you never know who's reading and might just need the encouragement of knowing they aren't the only ones going through this.
I also added you to my blog role, I hope that's okay. I am trying to find friend's blogs to add.
later!
SQ
Glad to get the update. I love that God has grown you through this process to see beyond the pain and heartache. You have no idea how you may be helping someone else going through this by telling your story, and that is God using you.
We're praying for you as usual!
Post a Comment