Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Just in case...

Just in case you very wondering, our town is VERY SMALL!

How is it that the cries of your own child can send you over the edge like nothing else? Gianna has been having well let's just call it "issues" lately. Like my failure to read her mind. Or let her put her feet in her sisters faces. Or the one time I asked her to go potty. Or wanted some privacy while I went potty. Or that I offered my help in something. When I didn't offer help. Or when I was cruel and wanted her to walk instead of ride in the stroller. Or when I wanted her to ride when she wanted to walk. Or because it was a Wednesday...
So today was a whiney day. And my ears HURT from all of the loud shrill noises coming from my child. They babies were kinda fussy too, but they are babies and they get a little more leeway.
So we go to the library and I explain: You get to walk today. I'm putting the babies in the stroller today.
Not. Having. Any. Of. It.
Patience tapped from morning of listening to previous whining, and bottom spanked. No warning. NO second chance. Put in car to try to muffle screams.

And to witness my fail was another mom from Sunday School. (Hi Lori!)
Thanks Lord for keeping me humble.


And when we left- a random Mom (who I don't think saw our circus on the way in) said, "You make it look so easy. Mine are 4 years apart and it's hard."
Nervous laughter from me.





Don't call CPS 'k?

Lamentations 3:22-24 (New International Version)

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

4 comments:

Laura said...

you crack me up. I'm calling CPS though. you bad mom! :)

Lori said...

As frustrating as it may be to you, I smiled reading this. She is growing up so fast-she is getting thoughts. I can't wait to hug her again! You are a wonderful mother!

andrea poehl said...

love it!!! and i feel your pain!!! minus the 3rd child, thing :)

H Noble said...

You are doing a wonderful job, and I'm sure G is a delightful girl. She's just becoming her own little person and its frustrating on her end too.

Keep it up Mom- you can do it!