Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Redemption 1 (a series)


















John took the girls and I for a drive around town on Saturday. The first few pictures are from a lookout on 2222 and the last ones are by the Lake Travis Dam. Well I looked again and they are all mixed up but we went to those two places!

I'm calling this series Redemption. It could be the "Bloom where you are planted" series as well. I want to share the pictures of life and beauty that we are surrounded by here. I've had a couple of people tell me that God is going to grow me here and how great it is to have spent time being equipped and now is the time to impact. And I agree. I'll post my blooming, growing, impacting thoughts with you. I also want to share some thoughts on church shopping, but that's for another day and another post. As for the grocery store, it's growing on me. Just imagine everything in your life has maroon now turn it burnt orange and there you go! I have seen so many more Texas Tech fans here! Hurray. And more tattoos. Not necessarily on the same people.
I truly wish you could come for a visit. I really want to show you places that have literally taken my breath away. I love open spaces, and rolling hills. I forgot how much I love that feeling of being in nature and feeling God's might hand in his creation. I love feeling how majestic our God truly is. How His creation is so awe inspiring. I'm sad to admit that I quickly overlooked this in Aggieland. It's there just in different ways. Think open fields of bluebonnets ahhhhhhh.
But being in a new environment I get to look at things with fresh eyes. See the beauty in others' commonplace. Challenge yourself today and look for God's mighty hand in your current surroundings. Look with fresh eyes and be amazed.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

love it C, I totally agree!

ps-that picture of the girls all sitting on that concrete ledge is making me have a panic attack...