Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ok I admit it

That's right I admit that I'm crunchy and a bit granola. What's that you ask? It's natural and organic and recycling and stuff.
So I've always had crunchy tendencies. Growing up with a mom from Alaska- a state where you are odd if you are not granola- I've been exposed to a life style of crunch. We recycled when it wasn't cool. I made my own grocery bags 12 years ago!!! I've composted, gardened, made my own yogurt and baby food. I did miss out on cloth diapering- what a rebel. I've reduced, reused, and of course recycled.
Anyway, it hit me today as I was shopping in HEB- I might be a bit more granola here in Austin because I have the chance to be. The organic/ bulk section is in the middle of the store- not put on the side as a afterthought. Organic/natural items are placed through out the store naturally where you would find them. And the kicker that made it real- the choice of boxed milk from soy, organic cow, rice, almond, and more than a few others was bigger than the jello section. Kids we are not playing around here. Take that fake stuff with its artificial colors, and byproducts, and move outta the way, 'cause crunchy is here to stay.



Homemade yogurt


By the way, I bought the jello anyway.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You are too funny!

The Schneiders said...

I agree...I on the other hand have not always been to granola, but CA has brought that side out in me for sure...they recycle everything...our trash can is half the size of our recyle can and you can get all sorts of cool stuff in Whole Foods and the like...I kind of like being crunchy. :)