So one year I dressed up a beautiful Queen Esther. Oh, how I loved that costume. It basically consisted of an old velvet evening gown of my mothers and EVERY piece of costume jewelry I owned. I mean I was decked out. Layers and layers of pop beads. Colors and colors of Marti Gras beads (although I didn't know that's what they were- I just enjoyed the pretty colored beads.) Every cast off mismatched piece of jewelry that my mother let me wear. Oh I was beautiful. I had so much jewelry because of course that's what queens did- wear lots of jewelry.
I have no idea where she gets it from
I also learned a powerful lesson from those days of dressing up. NEVER have props for your costume. Well I should say my mom did. Because one year I was Rebekah. And how do you dress up as Rebekah? You wear a bathrobe, a scarf on your head, and have two babies. Sooooo different from the Mary costume. Call one Jacob and one Esau and hold them the the whole night. Well not the whole night- you have to give them to your momma to hold because you can't do any of the fun games if you are holding them. I guess I learned another lesson that night- Holding twins is hard work!
Want to help hold my dolls Momma?
1 comment:
Your Momma is counting the days till I get to hold them.
Post a Comment