That's right. A total rebel and I don't care who knows it.
What have I done?
Are you ready for it? Can you handle my law breaking ways?
I have not turned in my census.
And the mere fact that I'm blogging about it will show you that I am shamed. Shamed enough to face the public scorn and possible risk losing our friendship over it. I mean, how could you hang out with me- a rejector of civil service? One who sees the need for following ALL rules, yet spits in the face of public conformity.
AND this is not the first time. You see, sadly I have the same excuse as I did 10 years ago. We are moving. Last time I did EXACTLY what I did this time- "put it in a safe place so that I would remember what I did with it and could fill it out when it wasn't so crazy."
I should have filled it out right away. I know that now. I have even tried to make amends. I even looked it up online to get another one. You couldn't do that 10 years ago. But being the government- I had to "HAVE THE SPECIAL NUMBER WRITTEN ON MY CENSUS" to tell them SO I COULD GET ANOTHER ONE. Genius no?
Please, please still be my friend. I promise not to move in 10 years from now during the census. I'll try not to break any more census laws.
But if I do, I will put it in a safe place till life isn't so CRAZY!
5 comments:
Did you guys end up buying a place? I missed the announcement that you found one! What part of town? Hope you enjoy your new home.
Found this online:
What if I lost my form?
If you lost your form, call 1-800-772-7851 (Option "5") or select Online Services to request a remail.
back to category
Yup I called. They asked me to give them the number on the back of my census. Then they hung up on me.
Funny thing is that it takes less than 5 minutes to complete. I was in a workshop today on organizing your office and she said you should never "just put it here for now" or "put it where you can easily find it" because you never will. She said you need to take action, do what you need to do and get the paper out of our office (which, in this case, is your home!). --Matt
matt chucked ours, and now i find out it's illegal to not do it. whoops! we'll continue to forget about it until they knock on our door i'm guessing :)
at least you're Trying to make amends!!
shay
Post a Comment