Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Change

It's happening here at Ludlow Bungalow, that change that itches my soul every end of August and beginning of September. The need for a different a change and more schedule.
But of course, no year is normal. I think just now figured that out as I typed it. Change, different, growth. As my last few days in Aggieland are winding down, I am hopeful, scared, and excited. Change does not always mean good. Sometimes it's hard, but this change in address for us is a bit of both. A chance to be free of the cost of ownership of keeping a large house. Free from yard work, lots of cleaning, and free to enjoy a pool we don't have to maintain!
Hard a bit, in the fear of the unknown and not quite being settled for a few months. But even that is freeing because we will have a chance to scout the land and take the giants. And a bit hard in the different. I've come used to the strange people who call themselves Aggies. I'm going to have to figure out longhorns. Oh my. I wonder if it will take me the five years of living there like it did here to buy a school colored shirt?
Ah change, it happens and we look forward to it. Knowing the God of the universe has each and every day of our lives planned. I keep telling myself and others who ask, God was not surprised by this move.

Psalm 137

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

The last time I moved (against my will :) I was 16 and I felt like my world was coming apart and even then I couldn't help but feel excitement too, after I got done crying my tears I looked forward to seeing what this new chapter would bring.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for y'all, even though I'll miss you like crazy I love watching you walk obediently along this path.

xox, jenny